Welcome to our first online study! I am so excited to walk through the book of Romans with you. From September 7th-November 13th, we will be walking through the first three chapters of this book. My goal and desire is to work through all 16 chapters! Yes, you heard it right, 16 chapters! This journey will take several weeks, but it is one that I believe will be well worth the work and effort put into it. Do not worry, I will be here with you all the way:
Praying for you,
Learning right beside you!
The Purpose of Bible Study:
To know God, the One True God. To have an abiding relationship with Jesus Christ and to live a transformed life. To teach the gospel to ourselves so that we grow in grace and truth. To share the gospel with a lost and dying world.
The book of Romans is a clear explanation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As children of the most high God we need to dedicate ourselves to the study of His word. It is as important to preach the gospel to ourselves as it is to preach and teach it to a lost and dying world. The Gospel today, just as it was in the day of Paul, is under attack. Only a true and clear explanation of the gospel can refute those who contradict it. I believe Romans is a great place to start.
How this works:
I said earlier I would be right beside you! For 10 weeks (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday), I will write a post that I pray will help explain the verses we have been studying through for the week. These posts will not walk through each question. It will give an overview and application for the verses studied.
Prayer, Observation, Interpretation, and Application will get us through this study.
- Your first lesson will be posted in a PDF format on Monday, August 31st. On the 31st, I will also post a PDF for all 10 lessons. You choose how you would like to print them. Every Monday at the end of that post there will be a PDF copy for the next weeks lesson. ( You can choose not to print the lessons. Just write the answers in a note book).
- I greatly encourage you to work through the lessons and not just read the posts. This is your time with God. Let Him teach you and train you!
- Each lesson is written to take you through each verse of every chapter. Sometimes you will be taken to other parts of Scripture to help with the interpretation of the text. Remember, Scripture interprets Scripture!
- We will also be doing word studies. You may be asking, “Why do I need to know what a word means?” Word studies get us deeper into the word of God. Sometimes we think we know what a word means, and we really do not. It has been my experience that after I have studied a word, I have a greater understanding of what is being taught. I have also learned more and more of the Amazing Grace of God! It is well worth the time and effort to look words up. I recommend using a Strongs Concordance. If you do not have one, no problem. I have placed a link for one in the side bar of this site.
- Each lesson is designed to be worked through in a week. You decide how you want to walk through the questions. I do recommend spacing the questions out. We do not want to rush through the word. We need to ponder and pray for teaching from the Holy Spirit.
I want to encourage you to read through the book of Romans each week. Daily reading will familiarize you with the context of the book. If you read this book weekly, by the end of the study you may have memorized the entire book! How wonderful would that be. You will be able to say with the Psalmist:
“Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I may not sin against you.”
- Here is a suggested reading plan. You may also download and copy this plan. I will be reminding you to read through the book each week.
Click: Romans Weekly Reading Plan for PDF download.
Do it Alone or Start a Group
This study can be done on your own, or you can grab a few friends and do it with a group. Either way is great!
Enrollment in this study is not required but I do ask that you enroll. I want to pray for you and know who is doing the study. Thanks!
Join the discussion!
Please start a discussion by posting questions or making comments on the post! We Are all in this together. Let’s encourage and pray for each other through this study!
Share with your friends and family!
Please tell your friends, your ladies groups and neighbors. Lets form a community of women who desire to Conform To The Truth!
I ask for prayer and grace as I launch this first on-line study! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Beside You,